Entourage

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Malay Wedding pt 1

Maya Karin in my Couture wedding dress on her Italian Wedding

Being fashion designers in Malaysia, we are expected to do a whole lot more than just designing wedding dresses. Sometimes, we have to run the whole wedding ceremony. So, it's a norm to see fashion designers running a wedding event here in KL or anywhere else in Malaysia.

I, myself have been doing countless weddings, mostly Malays although i did design a few wedding  dresses for my Indian and Chinese clientele.
What i love about Malay weddings is the whole preparations for the big day - the wedding altar (pelamin), the offerings (hantaran), the dining decor and of course the wedding dresses. I always try my best to give  the couple their dream wedding event that fits their budget. After all, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event! And what matters most is my clients are happy with the services i offered them. 

Here are some photos taken during the numerous weddings i have done:

Nabila Huda on her big day
My very good friends - Izrin (INNAI) & Marcus on their wedding day

Remember, although the wedding event is only a one-off event, the whole wedding preparations, the laughter, the joy and the family gathering is what makes it more special. So, cherish every moment!

6 comments:

jacky hussein said...

n I cant wait for my wedding dress :)

yuyu aziz said...

you're one superb designer. not only for baju but also deko... ;) warm regards to wahyu ya? udah lama i tak lepak with him..

syaiful baharim said...

Jacky & Yuyu - thanks for the compliment!

beddyboo said...

love ur work :)

interested to know on the gold songket and the headgear, syaiful but i'm in brazil right now.will be back in nov.how do i get the details in the meantime?

fashion doctor said...

Beddyboo, for any inquiry, kindly e-mail me at my official website. Thanks and Regards.

fashion doctor said...

Beddyboo, for any inquiry, kindly e-mail me at my official website. Thanks and Regards.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin